|This birthday card was made for Splitcoaststampers Try a New Technique #728 featuring faux pressed flowers.|
- and -
Always Fun Challenge #96 "anything goes".
I hadn't used the "faux pressed flowers" technique in years, so when I saw it as a technique challenge on Splitcoaststampers, I knew just the stamps and die cuts that would be perfect for it! The flowers were stamped using Stampin' Up! (SU) "Botanical Blooms" with a light pink and an orangey pink ink, then die cut with the matching thinlits set, and glued together.
The 4"x 5-1/4" SU Whisper White main panel was stamped with the SU "Flowering Flourishes" largest die using SU Wild Wasabi ink. I used my SU Stamparatus stamp positioner to re-stamp two more times for good coverage. I glued the three flowers onto the stamped image, then the lace border in SU Smoky Slate overlapping the green stem just a bit.
Before running the entire panel through the embossing machine, I fussy cut the edges of the lace to make it look more realistic. Then using the SU "Lattice" embossing folder, I ran the entire panel through my Big Shot to create the "pressed flower" look. The smaller the embossed pattern the better for this technique.
The embossed panel was glued on top of a 4"x 5/1/4" panel of SU Blushing Bride, then glued with Tombow to the SU Flirty Flamingo card base.
I pressed the card to ensure good glue contact for half an hour, then using my stamp positioner, stamped the birthday sentiment. I had first stamped it with SU Flirty Flamingo, but felt it didn't stand out enough, so since I had used black for the flower centers, when ahead a re-stamped with the same black. Being able to re-stamp an image exactly on top of another is one of the nice thing about a stamp positioner!
I think this will make a great feminine birthday card! I am rating the difficulty level as a "2" out of a possible "5" since it required several steps - none of which were difficult.