|Stamps: SU White Christmas|
|Paper: SU Early Espresso, Kraft, Whisper White, DCWV Hoilday Glitzy Glitter Stack|
|Paper Size: A2|
|Ink: SU Early Espresso, Whisper White Craft|
|Accessories: SU Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies, Banners Framelits Dies, Softly Falling Embossing Folder, Tombow Multi Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots, Adhesive Foam Strips, Paper Snips|
|Techniques: Die Cutting, Dry Embossing|
This card was made for Christmas Card Throwdown color challenge #22: http://52cct.blogspot.co.uk/ that required the use of brown, green and kraft.
The card base is the standard half sheet of Stampin' Up! Early Espresso. The main panel is 4"x 5-1/4" Kraft cardstock.
I ran the Kraft panel through my embossing machine inside the "Softly Falling" embossing folder. Then took the white ink pad, and tapped it with VERY little pressure to coat the top of all the snowflake "humps" white.
Next, I used the SU Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies to cut out a pair of trees, and four single trees from the green glitter paper. I attached three of the single trees to the Kraft panel using Mini Glue dots.
The snow bank was created using paper snips to cut a "hill" from Whisper White cardstock. I glued this a on top of the three threes to make it look like they were behind the hill. Using paper snips, I cut off the excess white cardstock to exactly match the Kraft panel.
Next, the tree pair was attached on top of the snow bank using Mini Glue Dots on the bottom of the trees, and Adhesive Foam Strips where the tree sat over the Kraft "sky".
The deer was die cut from SU Early Espresso cardstock using the die from the Card Front Builder
set. The deer was attached to the snow bank using rolled up Mini Glue Dots for height. The remaining single tree was then attached on top of the deer using Adhesive Foam Strips. For the back of the tree that extended into the "sky" I used two layers of foam strips.
Finally, the "White Christmas" sentiment was stamped onto Whisper White cardstock, and die cut using the Banners Framelits Dies. It was matted with the next size up die cut from Early Espresso cardstock. The two banners were glued together, then mounted with Adhesive Foam Strips to the upper right portion of "sky".
I rate this card difficulty as a "3" of out "5" because all the pieces are easy to die cut. The hardest part was getting the sentiment to stamp straight!